Mahamud Hosain FCA
Mahamud Hosain FCA
Mahamud is a business graduate, fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh. He has more than 16 years post qualification experience in Financial Management & Controlling including 5 years in assurance & advisory services.
- Elected Council Member since 2015 & Ex. Vice President, The Institute of Chartered Accountant of Bangladesh.
- Govt Nominated Member in the Board of Director, Dhaka Water Supply & Sewerage Authority, an autonomous body responsible for Water Supply and Sewage disposal of the city dwellers of Dhaka.
- Govt Nominated Member in the Board of Director of Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board an autonomous body responsible for supply of electricity in rural.
- Finance Consultants at Cross World Group, a company engaged in power solution & project management and responsible for overall financial management, controlling, supply chain function & procurement. He is deeply involved in development of company strategy & implementation of key initiative for transition and diversification.
- Financial Management Specialist in Integrated Fiduciary Review Incl. Procurement Review of World Bank funded project.
- Consultant Financial Management at World Bank Group - Dhaka Office & International Fund for Agricultural Development from Feb 2015 to June 2019, assist in fiduciary management of bank funded project for project designing, monitoring & evaluation. Engage in dialogue with recipient for designing the governance of project & monitoring.
- Worked as Finance Controller in Airtel Bangladesh and was responsible Financial Controlling & Management.
Worked as Chief Financial Officer of DHL Logistics for 6 year & half years. He was actively contributing to company strategy development & implementation of key initiative. He was Process Lead/Transition Manager for centralization of Intercompany & OTC for Thailand, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan & Sri-Lanka
- Worked as Head of Corporate Finance & Risk Management & was responsible for overall financial planning, funding, taxation & risk managements, partner governance.
- Worked with the then PWC associate firm in Bangladesh [A. Qasem & Company] as Manager, Assurance & Advisory Services till August 2004 after completion of 3 & half years Article Training at KPMG RRH.
During the tenure of his engagement with renowned multinational companies he had been actively involved in Internal Control Design and implementation. He led SAP (Financial & Controlling Module) implementation [designing SoP & Work Flow] in Robi Axiata and ERP design & implementation of DHL Logistics. He is Certified on IFRS from The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Presence in Press & Electronic Media:
Mahamud regularly participate in Business Talk show in NTV, Ekushe TV, independent TV, ATN Bangla, DBC News & etc. He also host Business Talk show “Market Watch”.